BladeSystem - General
1752793 Members
5992 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Error: Power loss due to overheating. Attempting to restore power Server: hp bl465c G5

ashraf_islam
Advisor

Error: Power loss due to overheating. Attempting to restore power Server: hp bl465c G5

I have faced a problem in HP BL465c G5 server. Here error shown; Power loss due to overheating. Attempting to restore power.
I have interchange processor with another running processor and also system board with running systemboard. But same error shown and server BIOS is not boot UP. I have updated  iLO2 version to 2.33 Mar 20 2018.

ROM Version  A13 05/02/2011

Still Issue is not solved.  

Please need assistance from expert for urgent solution.

1 REPLY 1
Prabu_bhat
HPE Pro

Re: Error: Power loss due to overheating. Attempting to restore power Server: hp bl465c G5

Hello,

To prevent possible server Blade overheating, always populate each processor socket with a processor socket cover and a heatsink blank or a processor and a heatsink.

Ensure Proper Blanks are installed on Un-populated Blade slots and all FAN's are working fine on the enclosure.

Please check the iLo Page for any Overheating components which might be listed.

Also, check Integrated Management Logs, which would throw more light on which device / location is the temperature increase shown.

If issue persists, please do log a Case with HPE with OA logs.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo