BladeSystem - General
1751927 Members
5249 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: FC 8GB connectivity using C Class C7000 enclosure.

Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

FC 8GB connectivity using C Class C7000 enclosure.

We are standing up a new C7000 enclosure. We have 16 BL460c G7 blades with Brocade 8GB FC HBA Mezz cards. The IO modules on back were originally planned to use VC Flex10 and VC 8GB FC modules. We can no longer deploy our Virtual Connect solutions. Is there any way to provide 8GB from Blade to Fabric without buying the Brocade Integrated switch options for Bay 3 and 4? We have the 4GB Pass-thrus now.

Regards,

Louis

2 REPLIES 2
Anubhav_Jain
Occasional Advisor

Yes..however they will run in backward compatiability. You can buy normal Brocade FC switch

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3185340&lang=en&cc=us

Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

Sorry, I should have added the following: We are using HP Branded (brocade 4100's and 5100's) switches.

We are using 4GB FC pass-thru's now. The Brocade 8GB FC HBAs are connecting at 4GB to the 5100 switches. We are using Brocade 8/4/2 SFPs on both ends of the Fiber connections. I suspected this would happen due to the 4GB FC Pass-thru, but I was hoping for 8GB to fabric if pass-thru was just that...a pass-thru.

Can the VC 8GB Fiber modules be used without the VC enet cards as 8 GB FC connections? If I remember correctly...they can not., but I don't keep up with new firmware enhancements.

We do not want to deploy any new switches into the fabric.