8611 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: [FC] Can't change default gateway for Fibre Channel Modules

Danilo B
Frequent Advisor

[FC] Can't change default gateway for Fibre Channel Modules

Hi all,

I changed default gateway for all interconnect bays using Onboard Administrator EBIPA. All ethernet modules now have the new default gateway but Fibre Channel 4Gb modules still have the old one. It seems that they do not perform this update at all. Enclosure is a C7000.

Thank you all for help
6 REPLIES 6
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

In the older versions (2.41) of the OA you had no option to set this at a per module basis in the EBIPA tab and they were listed as 'shared attributes'. Also a default gateway was in the 'not required' list. I guess you are on version 3+ where there is a field for each module showing a default gateway?

Tried it on one of my enclosures (v3 oa, 2.32vc) and i can make changes (enet and fc). You saw the message about lease expiry?
Danilo B
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your answer. OA version is 2.51 and VC version is 2.10
Sigle interconnect IP assignment is supported but actually id doesn't works on FCs

Does AO firmware update produce any network connectivity loss on blades? This is a production environment.

Regards, Danilo
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

In theory upgrading OA should not effect the servers. Upgrading VC does have an impact but if you have a solid configuration systems recover ok. You will lose ethernet and fibre connectivity as the modules get upgraded and reset. It's only a momentary outage but the effects depend how busy your systems are (and what those systems are). That said, i would not recommend upgrading VC or OA during high usage times. I'd be making sure the risk was fully explained to your superiors (assuming you have some).

Back to your question though. Are the FC modules still ping'able? Also, are there any ill effects of NOT having the correct gateway defined in EBIPA?
Danilo B
Frequent Advisor

FC modules are pingable but SIM can't ping them as the default gateway is wrong. Also the old default gateway point to a network appliance that we are going to dismiss.

Can I change manually the default gateway connecting directly to the FCs via SSH?

Thank you again for help
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

As far as i know, not via the FC module itself.
Have you tried doing it direct on the OA (not GUI)?
ssh onto the OA and try:
set ebipa interconnect gateway xx.xx.xx.xx bay#

where bay# is you fc module.

check with:
show ebipa interconnect
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

It's been awhile since I've worked with the FC modules. If I remember correctly when they are set to DHCP mode for EBIPA they have to be reset befor any network changes take effect.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!