1751948 Members
4851 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC- VC Cookbook .available

ACHCHGUY
Frequent Advisor

FC- VC Cookbook .available

Has anyone got a link to the FC cookbook ?

It was suppose to be "released" early december.
I have the Ethernet cookbook just would like fibre one.
Cheers
Steve
6 REPLIES 6
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Steve,
Not seen it yet. I'll ask HP if it exists tomorrow.
Not sure its really needed. I find VC for SANs 10 times simpler to explain than VC for ethernet.

See the latest Virtual Connect User Guide (8th edition) and the Storage Management section.
It details the changes in the new firmware that allows 3 uplinks. There is supposed to be variable x:y port mapping now as well. But its more how you whould know when to do this than how you do it.

Not noticed anything that explains the capability to provide virtual WWPN to Virtual servers yet .... but do you need a cookbook for that. You either think its a good idea and need it ..... or you dont.

Have you seen "HP Virtual Connect:
Common Myths, Misperceptions, and Objections" doc as well?
ACHCHGUY
Frequent Advisor

Hi Adrian,

I think I have your "myth" Article.
Was more out of interest than anything else.
Cheers
Steve
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check :

http://vinf.net/2008/04/09/how-does-an-hp-fibre-channel-virtual-connect-module-work/

At the end there is :

"There is a very, very useful document from HP called the HP Virtual Connect Fibre Channel Cookbook that covers all this in great detail, it doesn├в t seem to be available on the web and the manual and online documentation don├в t seem to have any of this information, if you want a copy you├в ll need to contact your HP representative and ask for it."

Regards,
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

The original Ethernet Cookbook (ppt & .doc) version has a contact of bladeready (at)hp.com for any comments. You could always email them.
ACHCHGUY
Frequent Advisor

I emailed a person at HP and got this reply

"It is not ready yet.
I'm writing content for it now. The first two scenarios are complete. The expected delivery date is the end of Jan.

Cheers
Steve
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

Actually, the FC cookbook was released back in March. You can find it at hp.com/go/bladeconnect
click "VC Interest Group"
login
scroll down to the "files" section

The version that is out there is our first rev. Much has changed since then - Rev 2 is coming soon as mentioned earlier.