1752508 Members
5332 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failed Bl685c in slots 1 & 9 in C7000 enclosure

Koopa
Frequent Advisor

Failed Bl685c in slots 1 & 9 in C7000 enclosure

I have an enclosure which had a internal health light error on the blade in slots 1 & 9, we thought it was a failed system board, so we replaced it. But when we installed it back in, it failed again. If we install the blade in slots 2 & 10 it then works. So we then thought it was the midplane. We've replaced this and installed the blade back in slot 1 & 9 - and it fails again. I'm at a loss to understand why the blade only fails in slots 1 & 9. I can install the blade in other slots in this enclosure and it works fine? Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

How many fans do you have installed? Which is the OnboardAdministrator's firmware version? And what exactly do you see when you click on the errorsign?
Koopa
Frequent Advisor

maximum fans installed. Unsure about the OA firmware. The insight display shows either managment processor failed or ILO network error
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Is there manual settings in blade server ILO which conflict with the enclosure Ebipa settings ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Koopa
Frequent Advisor

like what settings? do you mean do i have a static IP set on the blade itself?

If so i've not long put a new system board in, I would have thought by default it would have been set to DHCP, but to be fair I haven't checked. I'll have a look last this afternoon when I get in to work