6139 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failing to power on the blade in c3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
BartekS

Failing to power on the blade in c3000

I'm using c3000 with firmware v.2.25. On of BL460c G1 blades didn't come up after reboot, and it was not possible to power it on(it reported to be on but I had nothing in console). It needed to be removed from blade centre and put back in, to come up without any problems.

Following errors were found ion IML Log:

Server Blade Enclosure Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power (Enclosure Serial Number XXXXXXXXXX, Slot 2)

Server Blade Enclosure Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power (Enclosure Address 0000, Slot 1)

Power managment configured to : AC redundant
4 power supplies: power capacity: 2400 W, power available(after starting the problematic blade and one more): 507 W

I have checked change-log of new firmware versions but no fix for this issu is mentioned.

Did anyone have simmilar problem, and could advise?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor
Solution

The power management controller on the blade needs to be updated. This update is included in the ILO 1.70 firmware. After the ILO firmware is installed you need to do a full reset of the blade. This can be done by removing and reinserting the blade, or entering the following in the OA command line:
Reset server
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
BartekS

Thank you!
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

I have new information that it's best to remove and reinsert the blade to ensure a full reset. The Reset Server command through the CLI does not reset the I2C bus and may not resolve this issue.
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP