108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware update failure on Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module

SOLVED
Go to solution
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Please see the resolution of the thread I posted above.

This might be your problem.

Good Luck

Dave.
wedgecon
Occasional Advisor

The steps in Michal N post were what finally worked.

I just had to pull each module and I was then able to update it. I did not have to switch to the standby administrator.
Mike Alves
Occasional Contributor

Here is what I did to get it to update. Download the vcfwe1f232.bin file from HP do not get any of the vcfwallxxx.bin files. They will not load in the web interface as they are too large. Open the Firmware Management menu in the web VC login. Use this as the local file to update. After it loads choose the Automated Update button. A panel will appear then check the box to force update of same or lower version and then click yes. The VC-FC modules will usually update first. The activation will go all the way through. It works everytime for me.
Torqsis
Occasional Advisor

I had the issue were I updated my VC Ethernet modules to 3.01 but the FC's that were at 1.32 would not go to 1.4. I would then get errors that the FC's were Incompatible. Tried everything under the sun (and this forum thread) to update. Got HP's support on the phone and did everything that was also listed on this thread. No GO. Went up the chain. They mentioned that the VC Ethernet modules update over 80\443, the Fiber Modules on the other hand update over FTP... After figuring that out, we used the VCSU 1.5 CLI on a system that was on the same network as the chassis. Everything updated.

Keep in mind what ports are needed to update the firmware on your Blade Systems. Not only you need to check your firewalls but also your Host Intrusion and Prevention software policies.
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody,

Had the same problem with my VC FC 8/24 GB module with the upgrade from 1.01 to 1.02.

As the *** new OA 3.1 has no more possibility to reset the interconnects hard via cli nor to upgrade the firmware by web interface(hint to Mike), i also had to pull the ICs out, wait half a minute and re-insert them.

Afterwards I followed torgsis advice to take a machine in the same subnet as the OAs to make sure no firewall like devices are in between.

I took vcsu v1.5 on a win2008 in 2003 compatibility mode and after waiting for nearly 50(!!)minutes we got the success notification.

@HP: OA 3.1 works fine so far, and also VC 3.01 BUT you made about 10 steps back with the update process !!!

hope this helps somebody in the same situation

kr
Markus
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Using subnet "closer" to VC helped me too. And man did I do those raindance manouvers with the modules before reading this thread.

I have to say that upgrading FW on VC is _still_ pain in the arse =)
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi