New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware update for Virtual Connect Flex-10

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ugo Bellavance (ATQ)
Frequent Advisor

Firmware update for Virtual Connect Flex-10

Hi,

We are wondering what firmware to use to update our VCs. They are HP VC Flex-10 Enet Modules (455880-B21)

We are currently running 2.33, but we see that the most recent version of the firmware is 3.10, but in the description it says "HP BladeSystem c-Class Virtual Connect Firmware, Ethernet plus 4/8Gb 20-port and 8Gb 24-port FC Edition". It is confusing as it doesn't fit the description of our VCs.

We updated the OA to 3.11, so we have managed the prerequisite for 3.x, but should we update to 2.34 or 3.10?

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

3.x series has features for Flex-10 and FlexFabric so I would go with that. FW package name tries to say that it will work with all VC modules.

Remember to use latest VCSU (1.5.1)
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

It's worth checking the browser requirements when going to 3.x. It uses flash I believe and is not supported on ie6.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I have tested the new VC 3.10 firmware with IE6 with Flash player installed.

But remember that the new image if 3.10 will not work if you login to VC Management page and try to upload the firmware image from firmware upgrade wizard.

You need a Virtual Connect support utility for upgrade.Below is the link for download.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3794423&prodNameId=3794431&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-ccc90a2dc2b2424794d489fd24

It will automatically upgrade the VC Flex firmware by supplying the OA credentials

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Like I said before

"Remember to use latest VCSU (1.5.1) "
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Ugo Bellavance (ATQ)
Frequent Advisor

Thanks!