BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 10 VC Corrupt certiifcate cannot use web interface

Nick Eoannidis_1
Occasional Advisor

Flex 10 VC Corrupt certiifcate cannot use web interface

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to do a true factory reset on the hp flex 10 VC modules?

I uploaded a certificate following the instructions (i successfully did it with the OA's worked fine!) and it has killed the Virtual Connect Manager web interface - i can only telnet into the Flex-10 vc's and there is no way to remove the dodgy cert!

Ive tried resetting the OA and the enclosure, also deleted the vc domain config from telnet and rebooted everything again - same problem cannot get to the web int.
3 REPLIES
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: Flex 10 VC Corrupt certiifcate cannot use web interface

Nick,
Sorry I dont know. But if you haven't already ask in the Virtual Connect Interest Group. Its monitored more by HP people.
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/bladeconnect.html
Nick Eoannidis_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Flex 10 VC Corrupt certiifcate cannot use web interface

ok fixed it

if anyone has this issue telnet to your OA and connect with 'connect interconnect 1'

then login with builtin admin/pw.

you need to copy the Certiificate Signing Request from the VC with:

save-csr - save it to an ftp server
take the request and copy the contents and sign with your CA (i used win2k3 certificate services).

Save your generated cert as bas64 enc X509 and name it with crt - like so ssl-new.crt

to upload an OVERWRITE existing / FAULTY cert use the following:

load ssl-certificate

I found that using the OA to get to the switch console and upload the ssl cert wasnt working - so i enabled SSH and it worked from there.
oursin
Occasional Visitor

Re: Flex 10 VC Corrupt certiifcate cannot use web interface

I've got the exact same problem, but I'm very new to this. Can you please write a more detailed explanation. Managed to log in with telnet, but the commands doesn't seem to work :(