4030 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Flex 10 config

flex10
Occasional Contributor

Flex 10 config

Dear Sirs

Its the first time am configuring a flex10 VC network module, i have connected the flex 10, enclosure is c7000 and there are 4 c495 g6 servers,
i have configued the domain , Server and attached the uplike also, all seems okey, but in the network its showing 2 network cards are connected and the other 6 are not connected, where could be the problem ? please advice

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

You have not configured all flex NICs in the server profile. Add 8 interfaces if You want all to have connection.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
rick jones
Honored Contributor

A flex-10 NIC defaults to one, full-speed 10Gbit/s "flexnic" per port on the NIC. If you want to, you may subdivide that port into as many as 4 (at least in the case of the NC532i/NC532m) "flexnics" assigning each a given bandwidth limit, which IIRC, should sum to no more than 10Gbit/s per port.

So, that it is showing two connected and six not connected is to be expected.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
flex10
Occasional Contributor

how do i split this to use all 4 cards
flex10
Occasional Contributor

Hi jarko

when add the interfacc in the server profile it says duplicte enet.its taking only two
Vincent Berger
HPE Pro

You cannot connect 2 FlexNICs carved out of the same Flex-10 10Gb port to the same Virtual Connect network. If you want to connect all 4 FlexNICs of a port, you need to have 4 different VC networks defined. If you don't need that many networks, you can perfectly use only one FlexNIC per port and push its speed to 10Gb, nothing wrong with that.
flex10
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vincent

Perfect....but the connected one is also not getting the external connectivity, we have configured the up link, shows active, configured the cisco port as trunk

still its not connecting to the vlan

please advice