1752604 Members
4554 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Flex-10 nics and ESXi DCC compatibility

Aaronb
Occasional Advisor

I have contacted my reseller to see if it can be escalated to HP.

bb4vm
Advisor

Now VMware has a KB, released 10/13.....

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1029368
Aaronb
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for the heads-up!

But I have confirmed with HP that this is not a workaround for the DCC issue we have.

I wish it was....

Aaron
DerekS_1
Frequent Advisor

On a blog I saw a post from mid-September that v1.60 of the driver is supposed to be out "soon". Hopefully this fixes the DDC and PSOD problems. HP's in getting working drivers is really unacceptable.
AaronK
Frequent Advisor

Yep, We have a ticket open with HP on this issue (mainly the PSODs in the 1.52). We backdated to 1.48 and are waiting on the 1.60. They are giving me a 'late October/early November' date for release. I'm pressing them on letting us get our hands on it to validate it early...
bb4vm
Advisor

Have been following in a VMware forum thread too. Hearing the same thing about the new driver release. See here: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1636595#1636595
Aaronb
Occasional Advisor

A bit off topic but related to the bnx2x driver. I resently have a complete crash of the nic driver on an ESX 4.0U2 server (BL460c G6)
See the attachment. The explanation/screen cap was for management to understand.. not tech people...

It was a fist for me. :)
Antonio Milanese
Trusted Contributor

Hi Aaronb,

which version of drivers are you using? 1.52 or 1.48 ?

So far my customers with ESXi 4.0u2 + v1.52 and latest VC/OA firmwarws are running fine (no PSODs)

Are your hosts heavely hammered on network side (iSCSI?)

maybe something related to tx/rx queue buffers?

http://download3.vmware.com/software/esx/bnx2x-README.TXT

Ah..and yes i'm waiting v.1.60 too =)

regards,

Antonio
Aaronb
Occasional Advisor

Hi Antonio,
Im running 1.52 and that host was running about 20 VMs with below 1Gbps of network traffic on FC storage.
So, no not being heavily used.

That new driver cant come fast enough. I'm sitting on 9 Blades still in boxes and another 15 that need to be upgraded to 4.1!
very disappointed also ....waiting for drivers for months now....

AaronK
Frequent Advisor

In our case:
the PSODs went away after upgrading to U2, but then we just had the network 'fail' (which kind of was worse as it kept the VMs running and we didn't setup isolation mode). We were running ESX 4.0U2 + v1.52 and latest VC/OA firmware.
The failures would happen for use while doing backups (so yes, a little heavier network load. We were running anywhere from 20-35 VMs per blade.