cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNIC issues

Oberon
Advisor

FlexNIC issues

I have a C7000 with a BL690C G6 and Flex-10 Interconnects. I recently patched a Win2008 server and when I rebooted it showed only 6 network interfaces instead of the 8 with the Flex-10 side. One of the two missing was the main network interface and all other interfaces show as disconnected (Interfaces 3-8) so I have no network.
No matter what I do I can't get the other two interfaces back and VC doesn't seem to recognize 3-8 in the server profile either - but all 8 show up in the blade information.

I have deleted the server profile, created a new one and started the system again without luck.
I also read the reference to aggregated trunks from the up links that may cause issues and did what it said (I am running X3-X4 10G uplinks with LACP at the upstream switch.
My last thought was to drop one of the 10G links and see if that helped.
Any thoughts on this as I am going round in circles?
3 REPLIES
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: FlexNIC issues

There is some later NIC firmware as well as drivers. Have you updated that as well?
Its under Firmware - NIC on the drivers page.
I would also upgrade the ILO and BIOS if you can.
Oberon
Advisor

Well it is an interesting one - I noticed in Windows Device Manger that the ISATAP device had a yellow error and I also enabled "Show hidden devices" .
The resolution was to disable the ISAPTAP device and uninstall it. The 2 missing NC532i devices appeared in the PCI section and were disabled - once I re-enabled them they appeared in the Network Adapter section of Device Manager.
Thanks all but this was weird!
Oberon
Advisor

Windows issue with ISATAP and disabled PCI devices for the network adapters.