New Discussion

Re: Fundamentals_to_C7000_Blade

SOLVED
Go to solution
FrozenDreams
Occasional Collector

Fundamentals_to_C7000_Blade

Hi all,

I am very new to this family and not to mention the blade environment. I have been tasked recently to connect the C7000 blade that I have to another switch.

I intend to connect the patch to HP GBE2C L/A SP port 23 but have no knowledge on how to check if the ports are enabled and the configurations. Can someone help me out?

Should I connect to the serial management port or should I connect to the enclosure?

Following which, how can I read and/or change configuration? Telnet? Putty? SecureCRT? I am new to all these.

Please help! Thank you in advance and pardon me for the low level question.

Very much appreciated.

Javen.

4 REPLIES 4
Belen_U
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

You can find all the information in HP GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch for c-Class BladeSystem Command Reference Guide http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00701969

To connect to the switch you have several options (page 9):

a.  Establishing a console connection

b.  Setting an IP address Establishing a Telnet connection

c.  Establishing an SSH connection 

d.  Using "connect interconnect X" (if already had access to OA) where X is bay where that module GBE2C is connected

And to configure the port (page 106) you can use Command: /cfg/port

To check port status (page 14) you can use the Main Menu to display information about the current status of the switch.

I hope this help!

Belén

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away  HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details
FrozenDreams
Occasional Collector

Hi Belen,

Thank you for responding. What is the software required on my end to establish the various connections you mentioned?

Will HyperTerminal do? I have restricted access on my laptop and I am trying to work with what Windows XP has and all I can find is a command prompt and HyperTerminal.

I will read the manual for more information.

Thank you for sharing.

Javen.

Belen_U
HPE Pro

Hi Javen,

Official SSH clients supported are (page 11):

• SSH 3.0.1 for Linux (freeware)
• SecureCRT® 4.1.8 (VanDyke Technologies, Inc.)
• OpenSSH_3.9 for Linux (FC 3)
• FedoraCore 3 for SCP commands
• PuTTY Release 0.58 (Simon Tatham) for Windows

But if you have restricted access on your laptop you could try HyperTerminal with vt100 emulation, although I can´t guarantee this works.

Let me know.

Belén

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away  HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details
FrozenDreams
Occasional Collector

Hi Belen,

Updates:

I managed to get into GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch and verified that the relevant ports are enabled via putty/HyperTerminal using serial links through management port. Many thanks for the solution provided.

Now I wish to configure my 16 blades, BL460c Gen 8 to recognize GbE2c and route data through Port 'x' of my GbE2c. How can I do so? How can I check if links between my blades and my switch is up and running?

I now hook up to the enclosure iLO and I can see "HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator" from Firefox.

FrozenDreams.