1752793 Members
5968 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GbE2: RADIUS Problem after reboot

Rolf Fischer
Occasional Advisor

GbE2: RADIUS Problem after reboot

A couple of weeks ago we configured AAA with RADIUS on our GbE2 Blade Switches.
So far that worked really fine.
Today I reloaded one of the Blade-Switches (Config was saved first) and after the reboot I suddenly couldn't access the switch - "wrong password" error message.
For some reason RADIUS-authentification seems to fail now?!
Next I tried the local password by disconnecting the RADIUS-Server and using "noradius" as username and the local password.
This is neither working!
Same thing if I try the default password.
Unfortunately in this configuration it's not possible to use the console backdoor-password because console access requires a radius-username too.
Now I've no idea how to access or recover the switch and I'd be very thankful for any kind of help!!!
7 REPLIES 7
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check this document to restore factory settings.

HP GbE2c Ethernet Blade Switch for c-Class BladeSystem Command Reference Guide

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=1845925&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc00701969%2Fc00701969.pdf
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Rolf Fischer
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply!
I really would like to reset the switch to factory defaults but as far as I understand the documents, I have to be logged in the switch menu first to do that.
If I could access the switch menu I wouldn't have any problem - but unfortunately exactly this is what I can't...
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

If I remember right the small reset "button" in the face of the switch will do the trick. I just can't remember how long You have to push it. Attach console and see what happens.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Rolf Fischer
Occasional Advisor

I already tried this button on friday. Pushing it for half a minute didn't result in anything.
In the documentations they describe how to reset the switch when accessing "main menu | boot options menu", but this is no solution if you can't access the switch at all.
I'll try the button again this evening - maybe it has to be pushed very long...
Rolf Fischer
Occasional Advisor

We solved the problem last night.
Support told us a (undocumented?) recovery procedure with special key-sequences, passwords and stange commands.
Rolf Fischer
Occasional Advisor

We solved the problem last night.
Support told us a (undocumented?) recovery procedure with special key-sequences, passwords and strange commands.
Rolf Fischer
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the help !!