4136 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GbE2c - switch interconnects

LolB

GbE2c - switch interconnects

quick question

ports 17/18 on the GbE2c switch are for interconnect

I'm currently planning for a C7000 with 6 switches and would like to be able to make all switches interconnected - can I use, for example port 17 from SW1 to SW2 port 17, SW1 port 18 to SW3 port 17, SW2 port 18 to SW4 port 17 etc and start to build multiple inter linked switches.

All documentation that I see only ever shows two switches and not sure if this just allows SW1-SW2, SW3-SW4 and SW5-SW6 interconnects

Any help to understand this appreciated

Laurence

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

OK, you have me curious. What are you trying to create? What Server models and Mezz cards are you going to be using?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
M2CV
Occasional Contributor

I think in the documentation it states that interconnect without external cabling is only available between the pairs (1&2, 3&4 and so on)
LolB

Thanks for the responses.

I need 14 BL2x220c (making 28 servers) with a single 1GbE dual port mezz card.

The way I want to distribute the server roles and the way server A and B Mezz NICs are connected to the switch interconnect bays it would be nice to be able to internally connect, for example, SW1 with SW3, SW1 with SW2 (or any combination) and use the two internal connect ports to do this. It looks like SW1-SW2, SW3-SW4 and SW5-SW6 is the way it's configured internally so I'll work with it like that.

I'll end up connecting using external cable but was interested to know if it could be done internally first.

Laurence
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Laurence,

port 17/18 is only a direct connection between two switches. There is no way to use this connection, or another internal connection, to connect for example a GbE2 in bay 1 and 3. If you need a connection, try using the external switch ports (21 - 24).

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
LolB

Thanks for all the responses. Much appreciated.

Laurence
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Using Virtual Connect modules you can create networks that stay internal to the enclosure between the various blades

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!