1748112 Members
3483 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Getting interconnect module miss-match error

slewfoot2xm
Occasional Contributor

Getting interconnect module miss-match error

I have a c7000 series blade center with 9 bl460c g6 and i'm trying to add in a single bl460c g7

i'm getting an internet connect error as soon as it goes to power up.

i have 4 gbe2c layer 2/3 switches that error out.

attempt 1: messanize card  is an hba q logic card. to view luns

no add on network cards.

attempt2: i pulled  an existing network card from one of the other blades installed in the g7 blade and get same error message.( nc360m  dual port )

what do i need to be able to get this g7 to work with existing infastructure? 

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You'll need interconnect modules that are SAN switches for the qlogic HBA card. If you don't have that, take out the qlogic card.

You can also try the blade in another slot or swap places between the mezzanine cards.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

A c7000 chassis and 4 LAN switch modules? Then I guess you've probably put them into I/O module slots 1-4, right?

If that's true, putting a HBA in mezzanine slot 1 is going to cause a conflict. Depending on what's in I/O module slots 5-8, putting the HBA in mezzanine slot 2 may or may not be OK.

(The mezzanine slot 1 connects to I/O module slots 3 & 4; the mezzanine 2 connects to I/O module slots 5-8.)

Another thing to check is the firmware versions. The g7 blades require a certain minimum OA firmware version to work; if the OA version is too old, the blade won't power on. There might be I/O module firmware version requirements too.

MK
The Brit
Honored Contributor

What do you have populating the InterConnect slots, (identify by slot).   and what is in you blade Mezz Slots.