cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBA does not show local disk or LUNS

Dustin Whitlow
Occasional Visitor

HBA does not show local disk or LUNS

I have an HP BL460c G6 that has started acting strange. I first noticed that there was a problem when it suddenly dropped one of the LUNs attached to it. Then, I noticed that HBA0 was not showing any connections to the local disk or LUNs. HBA1 does show full connections and exactly what I was expecting to see. None of the other blades in the configuration are having trouble. So far I have done the following to troubleshoot unsuccessfully:

1. Powered down the blade, reseeded it, powered back on.

2. Removed the blade from vCenter 4.1, re-added it.

3. Powered down the blade, unattached all LUNs, reattached all LUNs, powered it back up.

4. Powered down the blade, unattached all LUNs, completely rebuilt the blade with a good working copy of ESXi 4.1, reattached the problematic LUN.

After all of this I am still not able to see the LUN when I SSH in using tech support mode. I can see the LUN and local disk through vCenter when I look at HBA1, but I see absolutely nothing for HBA0.

Does anybody have an idea for something to try? At this point I am just about ready to call and get HP support to replace the HBA.
4 REPLIES
CLEB
Valued Contributor

Re: HBA does not show local disk or LUNS

Have you checked that the zoning is correct?
Dustin Whitlow
Occasional Visitor

I double checked and the zoning is correct on the FC switch. Any other ideas?
Dustin Whitlow
Occasional Visitor

By the way, this is the HBA I have in my configuration:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/hba/index.html

Qlogic QMH2562 8gb FC HBA
CLEB
Valued Contributor

I'm using several of these HBA's in BL460G6 and BL490G6 servers. Never seen this issue though. Using W2K3,W2K8R2 and ESX 3.5 U5.