1753971 Members
8206 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch degraded

OliverAn
Advisor

Too bad. I would open a support call on that.

JGSABOGAL

Hi, I have a enclosure C7000 and has two 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch. HP not offer solution with my problem, HP sends always 2 switches Ethernet to replace but always sometime failure .

Now the OA the firmware is 3.31

OA: Interconnect 2 selftest: Interface micro is not responding
OA: Interconnect 2 selftest: FRU is not responding
OA: Internal health status of interconnect in bay 2 changed to Degraded

Antonio Milanese
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

any update about this issue ?

Does  HP had official resolved yours problems?

We have a customer with the same configuration and the same "Interface micro" error occurs after some time (generally after 2/3 days) on both ICs.

OA 3.55 firmware here.

Regards,

Antonio

OliverAn
Advisor

We were told that there will be a firmware update resolving this issue - half a year ago. Still the same problems up to yet. Too bad.

NSecrier
Occasional Visitor

Hello to everyone,

We've encountered the same problem at our end last year when we have upgraded from firmware 3.21 to 3.31.

After weeks of playing up with OA resets, switch hardware resets we reverted to the previous firmware and everything worked fine.

We have purchased other enclosures with the same switches and had to downgrade the firmware to 3.21 to address this issue but since GEN8 blades have been launched we have been told that we need a firmware upgrade to ensure the enclosure will recognize/integrate the new blades so we have upgraded the firmware to v3.56. After few days trouble free we are now experiencing the same issue.

I have a feeling HP does not want us on these switches as they are in fact Blade Network Technology.....

I found it very difficult to believe they could not find a solution to this problem which is 1 year old. IF they cannot fix it then they should stop selling these products and replace the current ones with the Procurve 6120G/XG alternative which works fine with this firmware.

I hope this is not wishful thinking and they can solve this issue.

Regards,

Nicholas

OliverAn
Advisor

Hi,

Our problems stopped with Firmware 6.7.8 on the 1:10 Switches. This version is generally available now.

Oliver

anupsahahp

HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch degraded

Can anybody share me the procedure to upgrade the firmware of switch. I had tried to upgrade with the tool available with firmware. But, its unable to discover the switch.

todorov82

Hi All, 

I have also trouble to update FW on Switch HP 1:10Gb Ethernet Blade Switch. 

Tried to install it according provided instructions via Windows OS. 

Can anybody provide instrukctions to update FW via serial console. 

Which files need to be used from the link below: 

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=3433416&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D4064%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Thank you in advance!