5314 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 4GB VC Fibre Channel Interconnect

UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

HP 4GB VC Fibre Channel Interconnect

Hi,

We have these installed in our chassis currently with no other modules.. we have 2 of them in a C3000 in Bays 3 and 4.

When putting them in we had a booklet which I could have sworn showed the default configuration, mapping port 1 of the Fibre Bay 3 to Bays 1 and 3 and port 2 to Bay 2 and 4 etc...

The problem is I can no longer find this document anywhere??
4 REPLIES 4
UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP 4GB VC Fibre Channel Interconnect

Hi,

The document I was referring to was HP 4GB Virtual Connect Fibre Channel Module Installation Instructions...

Why can this document not be found anywhere on HP's site?
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Well if you have no other Virtual Connect Ethernet modules installed then there is no config ... never mind a default config.
The Fibre config is stored on the Ethernet VC.

The default "config" you speak of is probably the port mapping. There is no config when you install them.

See the attachment for the port mapping.
UselessUser
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Sorry to be a tad annoying but in the Installation Instructions...

"IF VC-Enet modules are not installed in the same enclosure, the HP 4Gb VC-FC Modules operates in the default configuration only."

Then on the next page...

Port 1 - Bays 1 - 4
Port 2 - Bays 5 - 8

etc

However I have also read that with 1.20 of the firmware in the default configuration the VC Fibre modules just load balance all the traffic across any connected modules.....
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Yup Lawrence, something I had forgotten was the default config. But I did find a DOC with a reference to it.

See pages 850 onwards at
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7855214/Book-3HP-Blade-System-CClass-Solutions-I-Technologies-Planning-And-Deployment-Rev-731

And yes the VC userguide 8th edition does say that 1.20 of the FC firmware load balances if not part of a VC-Eth domain.