1748204 Members
4100 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ACU does not detect any controllers in BL870c

nameless_girl
Advisor

HP ACU does not detect any controllers in BL870c

Hi -- we have a BL870c Itanium blade that has 4 SAS drives in it, configured into two RAID-1 arrays. However when we try to run the Array Configuration utility, it does not detect any controllers.

According to the system management homepage, it has an HP 8 INT Port SAS/SATA HBA. Will ACU not work with this controller?
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

ACU is for smartarray controllers.

What is your OS?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
nameless_girl
Advisor

We are running Windows Server 2003 on this blade. If ACU was not used to configure the array, then how can I find out what was? There are no other configuration utilities installed that I can find. The only other option would be if sombody installed the drivers during Windows installation. I see "LSI adapter, SAS3000 series, 8 port with 1068" installed in Device manager.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as Torsten mentioned, there is no SmartArray type of controller in the BL870C. It uses indeed a LSI SAS RAID controller for which there is no online utility available under Windows.

The raid configuration is done at the EFI shell level using 'drvcfg' and the right options, that brings you in a configuration utility where the raid and hotspare disk can be configured.

The Windows online hardware monitoring insight storage agents will report when a disk fails or when something becomes degraded in the array just like it works with a SmartArray, there is just no online configuration utility available for this type of raid controller and there will never be one.

HTH

Kris