BladeSystem - General
1748194 Members
3808 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP BL460c G6 NIC driver available during Linux install

Pooh_2

HP BL460c G6 NIC driver available during Linux install

I have a C7000 chassis with a Flex-10 VC with BL460c G6 blades. The blades have Broadcom BCM57711e NICs. I need to install various Linux OSes on these blades (RH and SLES) via NFS images. Unfortunately the version of the bnx2x drivers won't allow for this (except SLES11 SP1) so I end up having to install from media and then updating the driver after the OS is installed. I would like to be able to boot using "linux dd" but only have the rpm for the new driver. I've looked at the SmartStart CD but it only has src rpms on it. Building 16 systems from media isn't bad, but I have several more C7000s to do. I have downloaded driver ISO images from HP before for other hardware but can't find anything for this. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Strange, I can do a network based install on BL460c G6 with the initrd from SLES 10 SP3, SLES 11 SP0 and SLES 11 SP1...

Maybe this will help?
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00000197.html
Pooh_2

Unfortunately I don't use a deployment server, which is what this looks like. I was hoping to find/create a driver image file so I could attach it through the IRC and have it loaded at install time. Thanks for the information though; I am looking at this as an alternative.
Pooh_2

Closed issue; thanks.