Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Blade BL460c G6 can not change bay's ip address remotely

tanagool
Occasional Contributor

HP Blade BL460c G6 can not change bay's ip address remotely

I have install HP-Blade BL460c 16 bays

when I connect my notebook to ilo post behind the blade , I can browse to O/A homepage and browse to each bay and use "Integrated Remote console"

We assign real IP to O/A but assign internal ip to each bays.

when I work remotely , I can browse to O/A but when I try to browse to each bay and use "integrated remote console" , I can not connect to the console , I know because the bay's ip addres is internal. So, I try to change bay's ip address to the same subnet with O/A's ip address. But when I click apply button the IP address can not change , and I can not connect to the bay

Then I go to site and change it at the site , it can change suddenly ,

Question is why when I remotely connect to O/A , I can not change bay's ip address. While I connect locally to O/A , I can change the ip address smoothly.

thanks for all help
1 REPLY
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Blade BL460c G6 can not change bay's ip address remotely

Hi.

Gonna make a Wild guess here.

I think it has something to do with routing. When you are trying to connect remote you can't reach the "internal" ip's because of the routing in your network enviroment doesn't know where to send the traffic that is aimed at the internal ip's. And when you connect a laptop to the OA directly. The OA or you Laptop takes over the routing somehow and makes you able to reach the internal IP.

The OA and Blade ILO's must be on the same subnet to achive best service.