New Discussion

HP Blade Pc 2500 : 163 Time an date error

SOLVED
Go to solution
rajeshcs42
Occasional Contributor

HP Blade Pc 2500 : 163 Time an date error

Hi all ,

I have got 5 enclosure  with 90 blade PC's . Recently some of the blades was showing error 163:time and date not set .

Then I changed the cmos battery ,updated latest bios , bmc But still it is showing time and date not set error.

Blade BC 2500 .

Can any one please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
DaGuru
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Blade Pc 2500 : 163 Time an date error

After re-entering the Date and Time in F10 Setup, does it revert back to the previous Date/Time after a subsequent reboot?  If so, then the blades are most likely synchronizing Date/Time with the enclosure's Integrated Administrator (IA).  This feature was implemented on the bc2000 and newer and is enabled by default.  The best practice is to set the Date/Time on the IA and allow all the blades to sync.  If the blades are in a domain, be sure to use NTP to keep the IA in sync with your DCs, which in turn will keep your blades in sync after each reboot.  Otherwise, once a blade boots, MS Time will sync the OS for you.

You also have the option to disable the time sync feature in the blade BIOS.  Ref. pg42: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01391915/c01391915.pdf

---------------------------------------------
I work for HP, but my posts and replies are my own.
rajeshcs42
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replay if it is working I will post it again .

rajeshcs42
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Yes working.

B

@rajeshcs42 wrote:

@rajeshcs42 wrote:

But it is better to update the enclosure firmware.

Solved