1753518 Members
5060 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Blade Server BL20P G3 Beeps

ITDan

HP Blade Server BL20P G3 Beeps

Hello,

We are having an issue with one of our Blade Servers BL20P G3. When we power on the server, it beeps once evey 15 seconds and the beeps last for 5 seconds. Then the red LED light on the front panel comes on but never does it display anything on the monitor, not even the POST process. It will keep going though this process over and over again without ever displaying anything on the monitor nor will it shutdown unless I hold the power button down. Below is a list of parts we have changed out so far. Please HELP, we are stumped.

1. We replaced the fan assembly
2. We have changed out the CPU
3. Changed out all the memory sticks
4. Lastly we swaped out the hard drives.
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Did you re-seat the Power Regulator? Or change it when you swapped the processor?

Steven

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
ITDan

Steve,

Thank you for your reply. I did go-ahead and re-seat the power regulator.....still acting the same. It does sound like the beeping is coming from the power regulator. Have you come across this issue before, I just don't want to purchase a new regulator if it can be somthing else....I guess at this point I'm willing try anyting. Once again thank for your reply.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Nope, but you should have gotten a new power regulator with the new cpu.

Was just wondering since many people don't realize there is a prm for the CPU in these blades.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
ITDan

Steve,
I did not recieve a new power regulator with my CPU.....great. I'll give that a try. Thank you once again.