1753826 Members
8841 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator does not support Windows 7

Mahamudul Hassan
Frequent Advisor

HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator does not support Windows 7

We are facing some version mismatch problem while we are going to install any OS in our blade framework (ProLiant BL460c G6 server). We found HP BladeSystem Onboard Administrator does not support Windows 7 explorer. As are now we are using license copy of Windows 7 professional in all the laptop/pc’s of Robi, we are failing to install any type of OS through Blade System OA, which is the main way to install OS & to configure these blade servers.

Product name: ProLiant BL460c G6 server
Serial number: XXXXXXXXXX
System Board Spare part number: 595046-001

Thnks,
M.Hassan

P.S. For your security, I have removed the serial number from your post above - that's information you probably don't want to make publicly available. - HP Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Do you mean the ie 8 browser isn't working for you? I assume you are talking about connection to the OA gui.

From the release notes, not sure how you enforce compatibility mode but sure you can find out easy enough:

The following browsers are supported for use with Onboard Administrator:
⠢ Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 (in compatibility mode)
â ¢ Mozilla Firefox 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5.x
husammadi
Occasional Visitor

I'm facing a problem connecting to the Onboard administrator using Internet explorer 10 running on windows 7. Can any body help in this??

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Which firmware do you have on the OA? For me (3.60) my OA is working on Windows 7 with IE10... Do not forget to activate Compatibility View however...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
husammadi
Occasional Visitor

i had 3.6 as firmware and it did not work with that, now i upgraded to onboard administrator firmware 3.71 but the same problem still there

Casper42
Respected Contributor

From the OA Revision History:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3188465&swItem=MTX-8711b85c643b4ef5bfc512c207&prodNameId=3188475&swEnvOID=54&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=5

Version: 3.70 (26 Oct 2012)
Fixes

GUI

• Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) is supported in compatibility mode only. The IE 10 “Windows 8 – Style UI Mode” is not supported.

In the future you may want to title your post differently to call out IE.

I run Windows 7 (with IE8 which is what it natively comes with) and my OA access works fine and has for 2 years.

Thus the OA has no compatibility issues with Windows 7 per se.

BTW, you can always run FireFox and use that.  But obviously the Integrated Remote Console of the iLO won't work with FireFox since its based on an IE ActiveX control.  You would need the Java Remote Console or use the new Desktop version of the Remote Console.

YevgeniyY

You need do follows on IE, Service-ModeCompatible-AddIPAddress.