BladeSystem - General
1753868 Members
7358 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure connection

axker

HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure connection

Hello. I have 2 HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure (507015-B21) with 8 blade servers ProLiant BL460cG6 (507778-B21) in each.
The enclosure are located in different buildings at a distance of one kilometer. Each enclosure use HP StorageWorks 2324sa as storage system. The first enclosure connected to SAN HP EVA 4400 with Hewlett-Packard Cisco MDS 9124e 12 port Fabric Switch. Now I need to connect enclosures together using FC 10Gbps speeds. Please help my choise what switches needed for this.
3 REPLIES 3
axker

Re: HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure connection

Fix - It's needed to create one VMware vSphere 4 Cluster.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Isnt the 2324sa a SAS storage?
How is it connected to the blades?

When you say you want to connect them togther - what do you actually want to connect? Share storage? Which Storage?
FC speeds are 4GB & 8GB, 10GB is a network speed.
Do you actually mean replicating the storage between sites so both enclosures can see the same storage? If so thats not connecting the enclosures together but connecting the storage.
axker

I try to explain.
1st question - to connect to HP StorageWorks 2324sa I use HP StorageWorks 3Gb SAS BL Switch in enclosure and Hewlett-Packard HP Smart Array P700M/512 in each blade.

Connecting enclosures together needed to creating one VMware vSphere 4 cluster. We have a few virtual servers in first server room (where 1st c7000 and SAN 4400 located) and many users, who connected to this servers. When in first server room virtual servers down - in second server room (where 2nd c7000 located) virtual servers start automaticly and users can resume his work with servers. SAN storage system in first server room need to backup virtal servers. Also needed that the connection between the server rooms had a backup connection, ie obtain the ring connection.

>>Do you actually mean replicating the storage between sites so both enclosures can see the same storage?
It's needed to.