3664 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP C7000 AC redundant mode question

DaveGreer
Occasional Contributor

HP C7000 AC redundant mode question

Hi

We currently have several C7000 enclosures which are configured as below for power redundancy, 

All are set to AC redundant, with dynamic power enabled.

PSUs 1,3,5 are on AC feed A.

PSUs 2,4,6 are on AC feed B

Tthe documentation I've reviewed states this should be 1,2,3 on feed A and 4,5,6 on feed B.

Is our current setup fully redundant, or do we need to change from 1,3,5 -> A 2,4,6 ->B to 1,2,3 -> A 4,5,6 -> B?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
DaveGreer
Occasional Contributor

In addition to the above question, can anyone verify that it is OK to change the power mode on the fly on a Live system from Power Supply redundant to AC redundant without risk?

Thank you.

Ash_1711
HPE Pro

To do it without powering off the Blade.
First set the Power mode to Not Redundant: or Power Supply Redundant: it is in the Power Management page of the OA. Disable Dynamic Power. It is in the same Page.

Once your configuration is done then Switch back to AC Redundant (N+N): mode. Enable Dynamic Power.

The Enclosure uses a maximum of the 3 Power supplies you can see it from the Power Subsystem page of the OA.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Ash_1711
HPE Pro

"In N+N AC Redundant power mode, a minimum of two power supplies is required. N power supplies provide power and N provide redundancy, where N can equal 1, 2, or 3.
The Onboard Administrator reserves sufficient power so that any number of power supplies from 1 to 3 can fail, and the enclosure will continue to operate at full performance on the remaining line feed. When correctly wired with redundant AC line feeds, the AC Redundant mode ensures that an AC line feed failure will not cause the enclosure to power off.
The AC Redundant mode provides full redundancy and is the configuration requested by large enterprise customers because it ensures full performance with one power line feed."

So, if you were fully populated with PSUs for example, then 1,2,3 would go to A, and 4,5,6, would go to B

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo