BladeSystem - General
1752546 Members
4539 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP C7000 BL685c Cable Unplugged

Kyle McMaster

HP C7000 BL685c Cable Unplugged

We have some BL685c blades in a HP C7000 enclosure which are showing NICs with cables unplugged. Checking the Cisco 3020 enclosure switches and these also show the port as down. All mapping is correct and the status is showing as OK.

How is this possible? Is this software related or potential hardware error?

Any help much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Please check the Uplink form Cisco 3020 to the External network connection, and check the cables are they properly seated in cisco 3020.

It doesn't look like software problem to me.
Kyle McMaster

The strange thing is this is only affecting three blades of eight and only certain ports.

If the 3020 uplink cable was loose wouldn't this affect all blades?
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

the only thing i can think of is hardware fault or the ports in the cisco swith has no vlan assigned to them.

check to see if you have a wlan assigned to them. The ports appear to be up but can't go anywere. I had this problem a few months ago.

You are right it would affect all nics in that switch if the cables to the switch were loose.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Have you try any known good server on these bays or swap the switch, it could be also a failed midplane in the enclosure. Also you might doublecheck NIC speed is set to 1000, thats the only way it will get link.

Please attach cisco show tech output and specify the server bays or switch ports to look at.

rgds,
lmm