6009 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP C7000 internal network with all VLANs allowed

pmehta2
Occasional Contributor

HP C7000 internal network with all VLANs allowed

Hi,

I am trying to create a internal network between two blades with all VLANs allowed between then. Which allows the software to control the VLAN assignment. Using Flex10/10D Virtual Connect .

I tried creating a "Ethernet network". But that did not work. Untagged connectivity works but VLANs do not.

Then I tried a shared uplink set without any ports, but I could not find a way to specify 'any-VLAN' or VLAN Tunneling when external ports are not added.

I have looked at the VC-Cookbook and the VC-User-guide to no avail. 

Thanks in advance

Pratik

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

This is working as per design.

You will not be able assign a VLAN while creating internal network. Internal network used to communicate with in the enclosure (Which is without assigning a UPLINK).

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
pmehta2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response. The intent is to communicate within the enclosure, but also use VLANs. Which is a pretty common use-case. For e.g. when the blades have multiple logical 'internal' networks between them.

For e.g. when someone tries to run OpenStack (multiple networks between computes) or VMWare (vMotion), with a single enclosure. I do not expect the internal traffic to utilise ports on uplink switches.

How do I achieve the same?

Thanks in advance

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

As previously stated, you can not assign VLAN in internal network.

Regards.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo