BladeSystem - General
1753506 Members
5020 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 4.6.16.0 Install caused BSOD

MikeyAdmin
Occasional Contributor

HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 4.6.16.0 Install caused BSOD

I have seen a lot of posts about how you have to install HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 (& 64bit) 4.6.16.0 before proceeding to a higher driver level.

I am having a problem installing the 4.6.16.0 version on my clustered servers on BL465c blades.

As soon as I hit the install button it causes a Blue Screen of Death and the server reboots. It recovers but the driver is never updated. I have been able to install it on non-clustered servers without teamed NICs.

I am pretty confident that it has something to do with the Teamed NICS or Cluster heartbeat and need a process that will allow me to successfully install this driver version.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
1 REPLY 1
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 4.6.16.0 Install caused BSOD

Hi!

I have seen a few BSODs on bl465c G1 when updating to 4.6.16.0 but they are during the installation of the new driver.

As it BSODs when starting I would think it's the cluster part of windows that gets a bit shaky.

Did pause the cluster node before trying to update? Then both clusternodes know that they do not need to communicate with each other. Maybe that would "cure" your problem..