BladeSystem - General
1745794 Members
3733 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

HP NC553i with CISCO NEXUS does not PXE boot after channeling (802.3ad)

Gerhard Mais
Occasional Contributor

HP NC553i with CISCO NEXUS does not PXE boot after channeling (802.3ad)

We have a BL460c G7 Blade with NC553i.
We use c7000 Enclosures with 1 GB PassThru Modules.
The PassThru Modules are conected to Cisco NEXUS 2000, 2 Ports are configurd for channeling.
When the Blade runs with Windows and Channeling is active and you reboot the Blade get PXE-E51 and does not boot PXE.
The Blade / Enclosure has Firmware Release Set 2010.10 (9.20b)

Has someone a tip how to fix this problem?
1 REPLY 1
Ana C Abarca
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP NC553i with CISCO NEXUS does not PXE boot after channeling (802.3ad)

According to the HP articles, this is a problem talking to the DHCP.

Check on the Cisco settings to see if all the ports needed are opened. It has to let PXE outbound and inbound. Also for the DHCP comunication.

You can find the description here: PXE error codes

PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received.
The client did not receive any valid DHCP, BOOTP or proxyDHCP offers. To resolve this issue, check each of the following network configuration items:

• DHCP services are not available on the network to which the PXE-enabled NIC is connected. • A DHCP proxy or IP helper address is not configured for the subnet on which the PXE client is connected. • The switch port connected to the PXE NIC is running Spanning Tree Protocol, EtherChannel Protocol, or Port Aggregation Protocol and is thus not activated immediately when a link is detected. This forces the DHCP request from the PXE client to timeout. • DHCP is available on the network, but PXE is not.