108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Onboard Admin Integration w/ AD

LarryM
Occasional Contributor

HP Onboard Admin Integration w/ AD

I am having exact same problem as:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1277300

I followed all the instructions and I can authenticate but get error from Test Settings: Unable to authorize test user.
We have extended the AD schema with HP ilo objects and it works fine, but we need to get the OAs to work with AD to avoid local ids on the OA gaining access to the blades. Any help?
6 REPLIES 6
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Try to give the Context properly.
In context You have to point till the Group where the user is Present.
If user " TEST" is under different OU specify the OU in the context.
LarryM
Occasional Contributor

I created Group Names on the iLO with the correct context of a group that the user belongs to, as well as context of the OU that the user is in but still getting same error.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Also check the ILO forum as AD integrating ILO and OA is very similary and there have been many questions on there.
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

From what I have seen, the user account must exist somewhere in the exact direct path you have listed in the search context. This is supposed to be corrected in OA 2.30 and VC2.00, which will allow searching 30 level levels deep from your search contexts. The group does not have to be in the search context, only the user.

example: user is in group HPOA-ADMINS. Group HPOA-ADMINS is an object in OU=Admins, DC=domain, DC=com.

User object is in OU=Users, OU=Corp, DC=domain, DC=com.

Set your search context to point to the user object.

I was also unable to test until I added HPOA-ADMINS as a group member prior to testing the test feature. once I performed that, all was good. I do have not enabled the checkbox "Use NT Account Name Mapping (DOMAIN\username)". I simply login with my AD account of nb001.

Hope this helps,
Neal
Lars Heuser

Hi

I have the same problem adding my LDAP user. My user is also authenticated but not authorized. I've saw what Neal wrote but it does not make any sense to me (sorry). Neal, could you please explain to me why and to what you are adding your group HPOA-ADMINS? Any help will be much appreciated...

Cheers
Lars
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Hi Lars,

Hi

I have the same problem adding my LDAP user. My user is also authenticated but not authorized. I've saw what Neal wrote but it does not make any sense to me (sorry). Neal, could you please explain to me why and to what you are adding your group HPOA-ADMINS? Any help will be much appreciated...

Cheers
Lars
========

My login account is a member of HPOA-ADMINS group. In OA, I have added this group to have Administrator privileges in OA. Here are the LDAP settings I have in my OAs:
SET LDAP SERVER "domain.com"
SET LDAP PORT 636
SET LDAP NAME MAP ON
SET LDAP SEARCH 1 "OU=Admins, DC=domain, DC=com"
SET LDAP SEARCH 2 "OU=Domain Admins, DC=domain, DC=com"
SET LDAP SEARCH 3 "OU=Users, OU=Corp, DC=domain, DC=com"

As long as my login account is somewhere in one of the three LDAP searches, I will be able to authenticate and login. If my login account is not in these three search contexts, I will never authenticate to OA, even though I am in an authorized group HPOA-ADMINS.

Hope this helps to clear the water for you.

Neal