5579 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Proliant BL460c G6 firmware upgrade

Alien_ri
Occasional Advisor

HP Proliant BL460c G6 firmware upgrade

Hi,

I have HP Proliant BL460c G6 server connected to c7000 enclosure. I don't have any kind of VirtualConnect interconnect devices. Also I have non HP SAN storage connected to FC SAN switches located on interconnect bays. I'm running VMware ESX 4.0 and vCenter4 infrastructure.

I need to upgrade firmware on currect server and the plan is to use latest SPP bootable media. I plan to migrate VMs to another server and to disconnect LUNs from SAN before upgrade just to make sure that SPP don't mess with data on LUN.

What is the best practice? Has anyone experienced any data loss on SAN LUNs connected to server while running firmware upgrade with SPP? Is it recommended to disconnect LUNs from SAN before firmware upgrade?

Thank you for your answers
Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
f_silva
HPE Pro

No is necessary disconnect the LUNs, the more secure use the SPP in environment SAN use the Interactive Mode and not select the HBAs or SAN switches interconnect in the update process.

for help you, below link for Best Practices Firmware Implementer Guide

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02049593/c02049593.pdf

Accept or Kudo
Alien_ri
Occasional Advisor

f_silva, thank you for reply, really good link.
I think you mistyped in last reply, so just to confirm, it's necessary or not necessary to disconnect the LUNs?

f_silva
HPE Pro

Don't is necessary disconnect the LUNs.

Accept or Kudo