1753682 Members
5617 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module tranceivers and cables

Yaboto
Super Advisor

HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module tranceivers and cables

My blade enclosure was shipped with HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module, but there were no SFP tranceivers.
I found out from a research that the following SFPs are compatible with it:

a) HP BladeSystem 10Gb SR SFP

b) HP BladeSystem 1Gb RJ-45 SFP Opt Kit

1- Please confirm wether I have made the right choice.

I realised that I have to order for the coresponding cables.

2- Can somebody help me with the coresponding cables part numbers ?

3- Can the 10Gb option support 1Gb downlink as well as 1Gb Uplink ( Uplink to another switch or router etc...) ?

4- I have decided to use the 10Gb option in my main site and 1Gb option in my DR site for save cost in the DR site and to increase performance in my main site.
Are my analyses right ?

5- Since I have 2 redundant HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module for my enclosure, I would need to buy 8 SFPs * 2 = 8 SFPs. Right ?

6- What is the difference between the shared uplink and X-link and the other 6 ordinary ports ?

Please Help me !

Best Regards,
2 REPLIES 2
rick jones
Honored Contributor

A 10 Gigabit transceiver only and always runs at 10 Gigabit. If you need a connection to a 1 Gigabit switch, you should use the 1 Gigabit transceiver.

The shared uplink/crosslink ports are an either/or situation. You can either use them as crosslinks between the modules, or you can use them as uplinks to an external device.

Certainly, you are free to fully populate all the uplink ports with SFPs but it is not required. You only need to buy as many SFPs as you will want to have uplinks.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Yaboto
Super Advisor

Thank you very much for your enlightement.

I think I would go for the HP BladeSystem 1Gb RJ-45 SFP Opt Kit tranceiver because I have to uplink to a CISCO switch that does not support more than 1GB speed.

Regards,