5147 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP VC Flex10 network configuration

Pramod M
Regular Advisor

HP VC Flex10 network configuration

Hello,

We are implementing two C7000 Enclosure with 3 BL860c i2 with FLEX NIC on each Enclosures. This Encl is using HP VC Flex10 enet module for network uplink. I have to configure 2 node clusters on this setup. node1 & node2 will be on different Encl. Here for heart beat I am using a 8 Port Cisco switch. For LAN using shared uplink to the core switch. The LAN is configured through this shared uplink and it is working fine. I am not able to communicate through the heart beat network. For heartbeat I created a network and added ports from each bays of HP VC Flex10 (not created any shared uplink set for heartbeat). The Cisco switch is of 1Gb speed. What I have to consider more to enable the communication through heartbeat network. From the SMH-->NIC--> interface spped shows 10G and full duplex. Switch is of 1G Full duplex.

Please advice..
Thanks in advance,
pramod
1 REPLY 1
Pramod M
Regular Advisor

Re: HP VC Flex10 network configuration

Hi,

I think I have to work some where here on the heartbeat network settings. Please find the below from a VC Flex10 configuration guide. I have to define a new network with 1Gb (Custom value) and assgin it to the profile.

################################################
Advanced Network Settings
These settings affect only newly created profiles. Changing these settings does not affect any assigned
profiles.
To set the speed, click the selection box, select a setting (100Mb to 10Gb), and then click OK.
â ¢ Set a Custom value for the Preferred Link Connection Speed.
This value is the default speed for server profile connections mapped to this network. The server
administrator can override this setting on an individual profile connection.
â ¢ Set a Custom value for the Maximum Link Connection Speed.
This value is the maximum speed for server profile connections mapped to this network. The server
administrator can override this setting on an individual profile connection
################################################

Thanks,

pramod