BladeSystem - General

HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM

Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM

Hello partners.
I have a question and I need your help or advice.
Our client is using HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM to manage a class C Blade.
Since the end of this past year, Adobe has stopped updating Flash Player, and since then our client has started to have problems with the management of these Blades.
In search of a solution, we have not found an update for our module that could solve the problem.
Currently its firmware level is 4.5. and for an update to level 4.85 the note indicates:
Firmware version 4.85 does not support the HPE VC Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module and other modules that have reached End of Support Life.
So what is the solution?
Can the hardware upgrade solve the problem (replace the 456095-001 module with the 708052-001 and maybe be able to update it to a necessary level?
Perhaps it is the simplest, to use a virtual machine where to install a compatible browser and the problem is solved?

I await your solutions and advice.
Thank you very much for your interest and help.

5 REPLIES 5
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM

Best option is to upgrade VC modules to supported hardware.

However as a workaround you can setup virtual machine with below configuration for the ongoing Virtual Connect Manager GUI issue on HPE VC Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module.

Workaround:

1. Installed Flash v32. beta for FireFox.
2. Also installed Firefox version 78.6.1esr (Extend Service Release) 
3. Once you login into Virtual Connect you get a prompt to upgrade Flash to latest – Just say No!, don’t upgrade.
4. Then roll back the date/time on the VM / host to Dec 2020.
5. When it prompt for “Do you want to allow and outdated version of Adobe Flash to run this site?”  Click on allow.
6. Later you can see Full Menu options were successfully loaded.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Hi AmRa.
Thank you very much for your help and directions.
To perform the hardware update of the VC module, what would be necessary?
Do we need any additional customer blade information?
It is possible that we are going to propose the VM provisionally, but it would also be interesting to make a hardware update proposal to the customer.

Thank you very much for your help.
AmRa
HPE Pro

Please find the inline answer of your questions.

To perform the hardware update of the VC module, what would be necessary?
>>Take VC domain backup and manually reconfigure the new VC module accordingly.

Do we need any additional customer blade information?
>>Please refer c7000 and 3000 compatibility matrix for your reference .

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000050596en_us&docLocale=en_US

It is possible that we are going to propose the VM provisionally, but it would also be interesting to make a hardware update proposal to the customer.
>>VM provisioning Is only a workaround and not a solution. Also there is no further support on VM provisioning related queries.

HPE Virtual Connect - Virtual Connect Firmware 4.85 Removes Dependency on Adobe Flash Player for the Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) Web User Interface (GUI)
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00104740en_us&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Good Morning AmRa.

We are going to test the link you indicate and check the definitive solution to the problem.
As soon as I have it, I will inform you.
Thank you very much for all your help.

Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Hello everybody.

After many trial and error on Virtual Machines, different browsers, flash plugins, extensions, etc ... I think I have found a temporary solution for our customer.

It only remains that he can test it in his real environment.

Everything goes through a browser to which the flash player library is added ... that simple. No new VM is required.

We will then have some quiet time to study a hardware update.

I hope very soon to notify the matter solved.

Thanks for your help.