New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM

Hello partners.
I have a question and I need your help or advice.
Our client is using HPE VIRTUAL CONNECT FLEX-10 10GB ETHERNET MODULE FOR C-CLASS BLADESYSTEM to manage a class C Blade.
Since the end of this past year, Adobe has stopped updating Flash Player, and since then our client has started to have problems with the management of these Blades.
In search of a solution, we have not found an update for our module that could solve the problem.
Currently its firmware level is 4.5. and for an update to level 4.85 the note indicates:
Firmware version 4.85 does not support the HPE VC Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module and other modules that have reached End of Support Life.
So what is the solution?
Can the hardware upgrade solve the problem (replace the 456095-001 module with the 708052-001 and maybe be able to update it to a necessary level?
Perhaps it is the simplest, to use a virtual machine where to install a compatible browser and the problem is solved?

I await your solutions and advice.
Thank you very much for your interest and help.

10 REPLIES 10
AmRa
HPE Pro

Best option is to upgrade VC modules to supported hardware.

However as a workaround you can setup virtual machine with below configuration for the ongoing Virtual Connect Manager GUI issue on HPE VC Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module.

Workaround:

1. Installed Flash v32. beta for FireFox.
2. Also installed Firefox version 78.6.1esr (Extend Service Release) 
3. Once you login into Virtual Connect you get a prompt to upgrade Flash to latest тАУ Just say No!, donтАЩt upgrade.
4. Then roll back the date/time on the VM / host to Dec 2020.
5. When it prompt for тАЬDo you want to allow and outdated version of Adobe Flash to run this site?тАЭ яГи Click on allow.
6. Later you can see Full Menu options were successfully loaded.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Hi AmRa.
Thank you very much for your help and directions.
To perform the hardware update of the VC module, what would be necessary?
Do we need any additional customer blade information?
It is possible that we are going to propose the VM provisionally, but it would also be interesting to make a hardware update proposal to the customer.

Thank you very much for your help.
AmRa
HPE Pro

Please find the inline answer of your questions.

To perform the hardware update of the VC module, what would be necessary?
>>Take VC domain backup and manually reconfigure the new VC module accordingly.

Do we need any additional customer blade information?
>>Please refer c7000 and 3000 compatibility matrix for your reference .

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000050596en_us&docLocale=en_US

It is possible that we are going to propose the VM provisionally, but it would also be interesting to make a hardware update proposal to the customer.
>>VM provisioning Is only a workaround and not a solution. Also there is no further support on VM provisioning related queries.

HPE Virtual Connect - Virtual Connect Firmware 4.85 Removes Dependency on Adobe Flash Player for the Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) Web User Interface (GUI)
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00104740en_us&docLocale=en_US

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Good Morning AmRa.

We are going to test the link you indicate and check the definitive solution to the problem.
As soon as I have it, I will inform you.
Thank you very much for all your help.

Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Hello everybody.

After many trial and error on Virtual Machines, different browsers, flash plugins, extensions, etc ... I think I have found a temporary solution for our customer.

It only remains that he can test it in his real environment.

Everything goes through a browser to which the flash player library is added ... that simple. No new VM is required.

We will then have some quiet time to study a hardware update.

I hope very soon to notify the matter solved.

Thanks for your help.

Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Hello everyone, I have a new update on the case.

Finally. the customer has temporarily solved access to the VC through a VM. The restrictions of the customer prevented direct access by the browser and the integrated library that we provide.

Once we have given service, we are looking for the hardware update to replace the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Modules.
Here again I find myself in a dilemma, I am not sure which VC can be compatible with the client's system.

I have been reviewing various specification manuals and I can't quite find if the two modules, which I believe are the compatible ones, could be used (or perhaps neither of the two).

We have 2 enclosures and from what I have reviewed (apart from the firmware levels that I have already checked and the blades it uses and other elements) I cannot find if the mezzanine cards could be affected by the change.

The two modules are:
HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 / 10D Module
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb / 24-Port Module

the installed mezzanine cards:
QLogic QMH2572 8Gb FC HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class

Have any of you had this problem too?
Have you been able to solve it in any way?
Which of the two VCs could be compatible? or maybe neither of them?

I thank you for all the help you can provide.

Greetings.

AmRa
HPE Pro

The installed mezzanine cards: QLogic QMH2572 8Gb FC HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class is supported only with VC FC modules and not with HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module/ HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Modules

Please refer below HPE Virtual connect Modules QuickSpecs to know about supported adapters or mezzanine cards.

HPE Flex/FlexFabric Modules:

HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D Module for c-Class BladeSystem QuickSpecs

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04154336

HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module for c-Class BladeSystem QuickSpecs

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04154400

HPE VC FC Modules:

HPE Virtual Connect 16Gb 24-port Fibre Channel Module for c-Class BladeSystem QuickSpecs

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04498595.pdf

HP Virtual Connect 8Gb 20-Port Fibre Channel Module for c-Class BladeSystem QuickSpecs

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04154356

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo
Alberto_R
Occasional Advisor

Hi AmRa.
Thank you for answering.
but I think I have not been able to explain ...
What the customer needs is to update the modules HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module (which are ethernet) can not change them by FC ...
I have not started the post correctly and I should have added more data to be able to have a more precise help.
So, now I will add the data that I have and if you agree, you can review them and confirm my diagnosis.

>SHOW FIRMWARE SUMMARY CSV

Bay Number, Device Name, Discovered, Firmware Component, Current Version, Firmware ISO Version

1, ProLiant BL460c Gen9, No, System ROM, I36 02/17/2017, , iLO4, 2.50 Sep 23 2016, , Power Management Controller, 1.0.9, ,

2, ProLiant BL460c Gen9, No, System ROM, I36 02/17/2017, , iLO4, 2.50 Sep 23 2016, , Power Management Controller, 1.0.9, ,

3, ProLiant BL460c Gen9, No, System ROM, I36 02/17/2017, , iLO4, 2.50 Sep 23 2016, , Power Management Controller, 1.0.9, ,

4, ProLiant BL460c Gen8, No, System ROM, I31 01/22/2018, , iLO4, 2.54 Jun 15 2017, , Power Management Controller, 3.3.0, ,

5, ProLiant BL460c Gen9, No, System ROM, I36 03/25/2019, , iLO4, 2.62 Jan 09 2019, , Power Management Controller, 1.0.9, ,

Onboard Administrator Firmware Information

Bay                                                            Model                        Firmware Version

--- --------------------------------------------------                       ----------------

1 BladeSystem c7000 Onboard Administrator 412142-B21             4.70

2 OA Absent

Bay Device Model                                                                                                   Firmware Version

--- ---------------------------------------------------                                                    ----------------

1 HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module                           455880-B21                4.50

2  HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module                           455880-B21               4.50
  3  Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch for HP                    411121-001            [Not Available]
  4  Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch for HP                    411121-001            [Not Available]
  5  Absent                                
  6  Absent                                
  7  Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch for HP                     411121-001           [Not Available]

8 Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch for HP 411121-001 [Not Available]

Mezzanine 1: QLogic QMH2572 8Gb FC HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class

FLB Adapter 1: HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 536FLB Adapter

FLB Adapter 1: HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB Adapter

FLB Adapter 1: HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB Adapter

Thus, with the rest of the data, perhaps you can have a better perspective of the update that we need.

From what I understand, correct me if I am wrong,
1 - the replacement of the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module, could be by:
HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb / 24-Port Module.
2  - I think it would not be necessary to update the Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch.

Is my diagnosis correct?
I await your reply and to be able to make the proposal to our customer.

Thanks in advance

AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Based on OA SHOWALL output, please find the inline answer of your question.

1 - the replacement of the HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module, could be by: HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb / 24-Port Module.

>>>Yes, you are right. HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module can be replace by HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb / 24-Port Module.

Note: Before replacement take VCM domain backup as rollback plan.

2  - I think it would not be necessary to update the Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch.

>>>Yes, you are correct, Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch is traditional SAN switch and not managed by VCM. Hence no need to update Brocade 4/24 SAN Switch.

I am an HPE Employee.

Accept or Kudo