5805 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hard drive health in BL460c?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AlanM

Hard drive health in BL460c?

Is there any way to get hard drive health using SIM or the OA on the enclosure or the ILO on the blades themselves? I'm kind of a newb with managing these bladeservers. I'm figuring it out, but this seems to be the one thing that I can't quite get to. The blades are using the Smart Array E200i controllers configured to RAID1.

I'm running VMware ESX 3.5 on them, by the way, and Virtual Center doesn't tell me anything about hard drive health either.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Hard drive health in BL460c?

There is a management agent package for VMware ESX 3.5.

http://www.hp.com --> Software and Drivers Download --> BL460c --> Download Drivers and Software --> VMware ESX 3.0 [ignore the .0] --> "HP Management Agents for VMware ESX Server 3.x" [and also get the SMH update] "HP System Management Homepage for Linux (x86)"
AlanM

Thanks,

I was able to install the agent, I did the discovery in SIM and now when I click on "Tools and Links" for that host and go to the "Data Collection Report" I can see a section that lists the 2 physical disk drives to see that they are both healthy. I can also load up the web page on port 2381 and see that it says "no failed/degraded items."

Are those the only two places that it would show up?

Also, I should have asked this originally, but is there a version that would install in ESX 3i 3.5.0 as well?

Thanks a lot.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

VMware ESXi (current nomenclature) has eliminated the Service Console so there is no place to install any agents. See http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/586174-0-0-0-121.html for more information on HP-integrated ESXi which comes with WBEM providers for hardware information integrated with the ESXi CIMOM.