BladeSystem - General
1748112 Members
3481 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help - Virtual Connect to Cisco MDS9124

Mitch Anderson_1

Help - Virtual Connect to Cisco MDS9124

I'm trying to get a HP c7000 Blade Chassis to connect to an MSA2000fc through a Cisco MDS 9124 fiber switch...

Currently, I have the MDS setup in NPIV mode (not NPV) with the latest firmware (4.1) and the VC modules connected.

I have a device alias setup for each FC Port from two blades and have it setup to dynamically assign them to a VSAN (like I've done with other systems)

But from the Fabric Manager, I see the WWN for the blades, and I see it in the Zone set that it should be... it just has it highlighted in yellow saying "Not in VSAN"

The Virtual Connect under Interconnect Bays and Server Port information for the VC-FC's says each of the server HBA's are "NOT-LOGGED-IN"

Any idea's/help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Bharath_Pingali
Trusted Contributor

Hello Mitch,

Have you created a server profile for each server?

You can also check the port on the CISCO switch thru device manager to see if the HBAs have logged in.

Hope this helps.

-Thank You
Bharath
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

So what FC interconnects You have in blade enclosure? Virtual connect or Cisco
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Mitch Anderson_1

The servers have been assigned a profile, and the WWN numbers show up on the switch and in the fabric managers view for the switches... but connectivity is limited...

I can get the WWN into the active zoneset for the vsan... and it appears to be correct in the fabric manager (it even shows connectivity)

But the host itself can't see the storage (both controllers are in the same zone as part of the active zoneset)

It appears to work if I statically assign the physical port to the desired vsan, but I 'd rather not if I don't have to.... because I haven't needed to for any other host.

Mitch Anderson_1

Interconnects are HP Virtual Connects for Ethernet and FiberChannel
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Check this

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=2510373&prodTypeId=3709945&objectID=c00874480
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi