1752637 Members
6266 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Host name is not appearing on my C7000 Onboard Administrator

khemanth

Host name is not appearing on my C7000 Onboard Administrator

Hi..

I got C7000 Enclosure and i got 4 BL465 servers running on that. On my Onboard Administrator under Device Bays i got able to see the Host Name of those servers. It is appearing with different names.

Please the snap shot and help me out to fix this issue.
5 REPLIES 5
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Name comes from server BIOS OR from OS via HP insight agents.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi khemanth,

If these are Proliant servers you can visit the iLO "Web Administration" page for each. Go to the "Administration" tab, click "Access" on the left, then the "Options" tab. Here you can edit the Server Name (as it appears in the RBSU). The OA regularly polls the iLO processors in your blades to return this name.

Good luck!
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think It will show you the iLO names. So you may go yo iLO of the server and rename there.

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
ramjet64
Occasional Visitor

That is fine for the older systems but the new iLO3 is different. It is under ILO but then Administration > Access Settings > Server Name field.

jlackman
Occasional Advisor

Thanks,

@WFHC-WI wrote:
Hi khemanth,

If these are Proliant servers you can visit the iLO "Web Administration" page for each. Go to the "Administration" tab, click "Access" on the left, then the "Options" tab. Here you can edit the Server Name (as it appears in the RBSU). The OA regularly polls the iLO processors in your blades to return this name.

Good luck!