HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the ISO residing on flash drive plugged into Onboard Administrator on C7000?

Steve-8624
Occasional Visitor

How do I change the ISO residing on flash drive plugged into Onboard Administrator on C7000?

On the Onboard Administrator in a C7000 blade chassis, there is a USB port. You can plug a flash drive into it with the Smart Start iso, Windows iso, and more, and all ISOs will be scanned. So, in the Oboard Administrator console I can select what ISO to boot from. This is very cool because all of my half height blades can boot from Smart Start simultaneously (although slowly so I only do a couple at a time).
When Smart Start asks for the Windows CD, I go into the Onboard Admin under Enclosure Setting - DVD Drive and change to the Windows CD, however, it does not recognize or see it. I can disconnect the drive, connect from a computer that has the ISO on it and use the ILO to mount it but this is over the network, requires a server that has the ISO, and you can't mount the media for multiple servers that way.
I have tried several combinations of the Smart Start OS installation options, From DVD, flat files, from ISO, from CD, etc, so unless you have tried what I am doing and succeeded, your suggestions have likely been tried.
1 REPLY
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I change the ISO residing on flash drive plugged into Onboard Administrator on C7000?

I remember experiencing a similar issue long ago with switching discs with the virtual media feature on a server's iLO connection.

My resolution was to disconnect the first disc, logout and close my iLO window, then re-log in and map the second ISO. I have not tried this feature of the OA, but good luck to you!