1745821 Members
3801 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

How to use enclosure firmware manager to download firmware on all blades

Snak3eye5
Frequent Advisor

How to use enclosure firmware manager to download firmware on all blades

I can see the enclosure fimware manager on my on board administrator to run firmware on all my blades.

1) How do i point it to a dvd which has a firmware iso?

2) How do i point it to an url ? Is there an url on the hp page ?

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to use enclosure firmware manager to download firmware on all blades

Put the SPP ISO file on an USB stick and connect it to the OA (don't extract the files!). Then go to the EFM page and mount it.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

You can store a SPP ISO on a Server (the server needs to have a FTP or HTTP access, for example we use our HP SIM Server) and can configure the URL on the OA --> http://10.10.10.10/Firmware/HP_SPP_2012,10.iso 

Then you can configure the Feature that it updates for example each blade which is inserted in a bay.

But be patient with that, it takes some time until the blade has booted from the ISO and updated all Firmwares!

You have a logfile of each Bay (Device Bays --> <Device> --> Firmware --> Firmware Log) which was used at least once with the Firmware management feature and there you can see if the task was successfull (Firmware Management successfully completed on blade x.) or not.

Regards,

Casper42
Respected Contributor

Using an external Web server like Ville mentioned will generally be slightly faster than the USB thumbdrive into the OA mentioned by Torsten. The USB drive just can't keep up with the IO especially with multiple blades hitting it.