6276 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Howto stack 16 vc ethernet module

natwasu
Occasional Advisor

Howto stack 16 vc ethernet module

Does anyone know howto stack 16 vc-enet module
I have c7000 x 4 with 2 vc-enet each. I would like to make them on single vc domain.
11 REPLIES 11
jdeavers919
Occasional Advisor

You would need to interconnect the vc-enet modules with CX4 stacking cables and then the VC domain would see all 16 VC interconnect modules as one large physical switch.

For the adjacent VC-Enet modules you don't need the CX4 stacking cables because there is a 10gb internal cross connection between the the switches automatically.

Please see the attached PDF to see the stacking configurations.

When the connections are in place then VC Domain will already manage the stacking links and recognize.

Thanks and Good luck
natwasu
Occasional Advisor

Hi, Thank you for your answer. I already had attached picture, It's only 8 vc-enet module but what if I have 16 vc-enet module ?
Frank Gessner
Frequent Advisor

Hi Natwasu,

I did this some weeks ago.
If you dont use VCEM there are some restrictions.
1) use at least VC2.12
2) Your primary (Management VC-Modules) in Slot1/2 of your first Enclosure must be VC1/10-F or Flex10 Modules. The older VC1/10-Modules does not have enough Memory to support stacking.
3) just stack all your modules in a great loop with CX4-Cables (remember the internal
crosslink between horizontal Modules...)

regards, Frank
natwasu
Occasional Advisor

Thank you frank gessner. This mean I can't group 4 enclosure in to 1 domain, I will have 4 vc domain and will manage each separatly Right?
Frank Gessner
Frequent Advisor

No!
You can create one domain across 4 enclosures with 16 VC-Modules as I did.

regards, Frank
natwasu
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I dont have VC1/10-F or Flex10 Modules. I only have VC1/10 or Flex10 Modules
So I can't do that Right :(
Frank Gessner
Frequent Advisor

with your HW its not possible, right.
You have to build up 4 seperate VC-Domains.
If it is a technical requirement, you have to invest in two VC1/10-F-Modules or VCEM.
The two Modules are much cheaper than the Licences for the Enterprise Manager...

hth, Frank
Vincent Berger
HPE Pro

Do you or don't you have Flex-10 modules ? If you have one pair of Flex-10 modules in bays 1&2 of one enclosure, you can make that enclosure the master of your domain and bring the other 3 into the domain.
natwasu
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much for answer
No I don't have other vc-enet module :(

One more question. I would like to know benefit for link 4 enclosure via enclosure link-up and link-down port on Onboard admin module

Thank you