1752810 Members
5571 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I Can connect to the Onboard Administrator but not to ILO

Aince
Occasional Visitor

I Can connect to the Onboard Administrator but not to ILO

I am having problems connecting to the ILO of my blade servers in a C3000 enclosure.
I can connect to the Onboard Administrator but I cannot connect to the ILO of any of the servers, either through OA or directly to the ILO IP address. The IP addresses are in the same range.
On the insight display it says that there is a problem with the ILO management processor and to check that the firmware is above 1.30 (which it is), on all of the blades that are put into the enclosure. The servers also will not boot either, I do have one server that is running (still reports the error though). Does anyone have any suggestions. I have requested a new OA module, but am looking for suggestions until that arrives.
Also will reseting the OA module lose any settings? I did re-seat the OA would this be the same as resetting it?
Please help.
5 REPLIES 5
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

What is the iLO and OA version?

Also will reseting the OA module lose any settings? NO.

I did re-seat the OA would this be the same as resetting it? Yes. when you re-seat the OA module it does remove power from OA.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re-seating it does remove power but just like resetting it, there is no loss of settings.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Can you ping the iLO IP addresses? Are they assigned through EBIPA in the OA? Can you power the blades on manually?

This does seem to be an iLO or OA firmware issue.
Aince
Occasional Visitor

I have solved the problem. I reseated the OA module, I thought I was reseating the OA module but it was just the module where the Network cable connects to the OA point at the back of the enclosure and not the complete module which sits at the front of the enclosure. You learn something new everyday! Thanks for all your suggestions.
Aince
Occasional Visitor

Please note that resetting the OA module did not solve the problem, it had to be physically removed and replaced. This was a bit of a strange problem but all of my servers are up and have ILO connectivity.