New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO Firware upgrade on C class Blade chassis

SOLVED
Go to solution
ssbrown19
Occasional Contributor

ILO Firware upgrade on C class Blade chassis

Hi,

Newbie to the forum so many thanks in advance for any directions / information!

I have tried to upgrade the ilo firmware on a c class blade chassis, i went for the version 2.10 firmware but it failed, upon further investigation it looks as though the standby ilo has upgraded to 2.10 but the active ilo is still on 1.01, herin lies the problem as i am now in a position where i can't upgrade the active, i have tried using older firmware (going back as far as 1.20) but the active ilo will not upgrade. I do not have the option to downgrade (which i believe is on newer firmware) so i am now at a loss as to what to do next, the blades in the chassis are production so downtime would be limited to out of hours / weekend, but happy to try any constructive comments!

Tried looking for instructions for flashing the ilo via a direct cable connection to the back of the module but couldn't find anything

Many thanks in advance

Simon
5 REPLIES 5
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor
Solution

So you have 2 OAs - you can try plugging out one of them, the to flash the one, who is left installed (and active at the moment), after the update just install the second and remove the already updated OA for a while.

You can try with the 2.12 version.

Regards,
ssbrown19
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks that worked a treat, got to love the simple ones!
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Excuse me, did this upgrade process success ?
ssbrown19
Occasional Contributor

Yes this did work thank you, I believe i have assigned the points in accordance with the forum rules, please let me know if this is not the case

Kind regards

Simon
ssbrown19
Occasional Contributor