1752781 Members
5849 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power

Jeanselme
Occasional Contributor

Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power

Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power when inserting ProLiant BL460c Gen8 in a C7000 enclosure.

Firmware version is 3.55

Power Available 7989 watts

HP Ethernet Pass-Thru give a Port Mismatch error.

Does anybody help me ?

Thanks

P.S. this thread has been moevd from Servers > General to HP BladeSystem Chassis, Power & Cooling - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power

> HP Ethernet Pass-Thru give a Port Mismatch error.

Do you have the Pass-Thru modules installed in interconnect bays 1 and 2?   If not, do you have LAN mezzanine cards installed in ports that map to the bays that they are installed in?  Also, if not, what type of modules do you have installed in bays 1 and 2 (they must be Ethernet or Virtual Connect)?

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
jimmiecool

I have the same error. And I fixed by downgrade BIOS version:

1. Login server by website

2. Chosse Diagnostics -> Swap ROM.

3. Wait few minute and check, the error was gone.

m_icha
HPE Pro

Hello  Jeanselme,

Based on the available power you shared (7989) your enclosure has sufficient resources to power on the server. Normally such messages incur when there is a miscommunication between OA and iLO. Based on your OnBoard Administrator (OA) firmware version which is dated (~2012) iLO should be around the same level/date (or slightly newer). Subsequently a starting troubleshooting point would be OA & iLO firmware versions. Most notable, if enclosure interconnects are Virtual Connect modules, prior any upgrades consult the interoperability matrix https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0100204

m_icha

I'm an HPE Employee
Need assistance? Contact HPE Support
How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!