108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Install VMWare ESXi 4.1 on BL460C G7 Fails

Ali
HPE Pro

HI Greg,

there are few posts about the same issue. try with ILO virtual media

make sure you have latest BIOS and controller firmware.

check this out
http://virtual-portal.com/virtualportal/?p=244

thanks,
AFtab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Greg - as written above, I forgot to mention - I've updated ILO3 firmware to latest 1.15 version... then no problem with HP ESXi iso.

Jan
Greg_IT
Occasional Advisor

I am running ilo 1.15. We attempted to install Suse Linux as well an the install stop around 73% and the virtual seem it could not be mounted again in that session.

I called HP again and they are going to send system board replacement. I will see if that does any better. I have another G7 acting the same way.
Greg_IT
Occasional Advisor

The system board replacment got my console USB back. I decided to try another OS like Windows 2008. The install also fails during the install while expanding files. I get the message 'Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files are required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070015'. There must be something going on with the virtual media being dismounted. I tried the steps on the web site to dismount and remount during the install for VMWare but that did not work either.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hello Greg, sad news.

strange idea - have you tried Java Remote Console when connecting virtual devices?

Jan
Greg_IT
Occasional Advisor

I tried the Java as well and no luck.

I called HP again and the tech mentioned the onboard administrator needs to be higher than 3.01 to work properly with a G7 in the enclosure. I updated the onboard adminstrator to the current 3.21. The iLo is at 1.16. I started the install again and I saw the install get furhter in the install to more than just 3% before the error message, but it gave the error message later in the install 'unable to write to disk'. I will call HP back again to see what to do since the OBA update did not fix the issue.
Greg_IT
Occasional Advisor

My temporary work around is that I used an external USB CD/DVD drive connected to the SUV cable to install the OS without issues. I am planning to send the unit to a vendor for testing on their c7000 unit.
Ravi_S

Re: Install VMware ESXi 4.1 on BL460C G7 Fails

I have the same issue installing ESXi 4.1 U1 on BL460c G7 Blade..iLO3 1.20 (11 Mar 2011)

had issue with many blades but upgrading ROM version(i27 5/5/2011) solved for 14 blades..still issue with 2 blades..

Installing on Internal SD card (set from BIOS)....iso Image downloades from HP..the same image I have successfully installed on other blades..so that should not be an issue..

Thinking to call HP support.any help would be appreciated !