New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issue on Booting the server with VC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Issue on Booting the server with VC

Hello All,

We have a C7000 blade enclosure with Virtual connect and that is mapped to the EVA. We have created the User-defined profile for a blade on that enclosure and mapped a disk from that EVA.

The problem here is when the disk is mapped to the blade and start the installation of a linux OS, it show 2 disks (sda & sdb) during the installation and if I install it in the first disk (sda), it fails to boot.

Also if i map a disk that has an OS already, that also fails to boot.

Can any one able to help me on finding what the issue is.

Thanks in advance,
Jayaprakash S
3 REPLIES 3
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor
Solution

I am assuming the blade, OA and VC firmware and BIOS are current or at least not too old...

1. How is the SAN switch zoning configured? A given blade server should have one Qlogic or one Emulex port as the initiator and then the 2 or 4 EVA controllers...all in one zone and nothing else.

2. The FC HBA BIOS (Qlogic or Emulex) must have the multi-boot BIOS image installed. Does the BIOS see the EVA LUN?

3. A Virtual Connect Server Profile as a option for Boot from SAN parameters. Have you configured this? If so, how?

If the points above do not help, include the Linux OS rev, FC HBA card type, and as much additional detail as you can.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Something else to bear in mind.
Do not present both paths to the EVA in the VC profile till you have multipathing software installed on the Blade OS.
Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Hello All,

We have changed the BIOS option of the blade to enable the FC Port and that resolves the issue. Thanks for your valuable inputs and suggestions!!

Thanks,
JP