1753857 Members
7328 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Issues with C7000

shlammed_1
Occasional Advisor

Issues with C7000

1) For some reason my active onboard administrator lost its IP address. At one point, the IP address that it was originally using was pointing to the iLO address of one of the blades in the chassis. I got the blade to use a different iLO address but now the OA won't let me apply an IP back to it. It is now in standby and I have to connect using the second OA which is now active.

It won't pickup an IP via DHCP. It won't let me set the IP via the active OA as it says insufficient privileges even though I am logged on ad administrator. And when I set a static IP for it from the Insight Display manually on the actual chassis itself, it just sits there saying "initializing".

2) I had a problem with some of the blades using duplicate IP addresses for iLO. I set some of them to static which are working but some others aren't. How do I go about resetting the iLO for the ones that don't work back to factory default if I cannot connect to remote console or web administration? Do I have to console into the chassis itself?

Thanks!!!
10 REPLIES 10
shlammed_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Issues with C7000

sorry, just realized i posted in the wrong section.
shlammed_1
Occasional Advisor

ok, nevermind, i must be going crazy today.

and it's not even Friday.

Geez.

CLEB
Valued Contributor

I have the same issue with a standby OA. It says initializing and when I try and set any config I get an insufficient privileges message.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Are you using the EBIPA functionallity (Enclosure Bay IP Addressing) to assign your blade iLO and Interconnect modules IP addresses??

Dave
shlammed_1
Occasional Advisor

For the OA's, I was not using the EBIPA.

For the blade iLO addresses, at first I used the web administration console to set static IP's but when some failed, I tried using the EBIPA. However, I then read that if a static IP was already set for the blade iLO address, the EBIPA would not override it.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

For the first issue, I would attempt to remove and reseat the OA that is not allowing a static IP assignment. Be sure that the IP you are assigning is not currently in use on the network, of course. If there is a DHCP lease existing for that address, delete it.

For the second issue, you can configure iLO IP addresses and other settings with the HPONCFG utility if there is an OS running on the blade, or you can telnet / SSH to the OA IP address, log in, and use HPONCFG to configure static IPs from there. As a last resort, while booting the server you should be able to access iLO settings via F8 when prompted.

Good luck!
shlammed_1
Occasional Advisor

re-seating the OA did not help.
Ji-Yoon.Kang

shalmmed, did you fix the problem after all?? I am having the same problem (the problem 2).
Yury  Magalif

Shlammed,

We had the same problem:

1. Standby Onboard Administrator would not pick up DHCP address, but stayed in "Acquiring..." mode on its TCP/IP Settings page

2. In OA CLI, the "show oa network all" command showed the Standby Onboard Administrator in "Network Interface Initializing..." state

3. When trying to set the static IP address manually through Enclosure TCP/IP settings, the progress bar would be there for a long time, and then there was a message, something like "Error. The Active Onboard Administrator could not communicate with the Standby Onboard Administrator." The static IP address could not be set.

4. Pinging the static IP address produced no result

5. Setting the Standby Onboard Administrator NIC to 100Mbit Full duplex, and then setting the Cisco switch to the same settings worked temporarily. We could ping the IP. However, setting back to auto-negotiate made the problem happen again, and we could not go back to manual 100Mbit Full duplex.

6. Using Active to Standby failover button, we failed over to the Standby. Then, the Standby static IP responded, but the former Active OA did not respond at all.

7. We were running OA Firmware 2.41, c7000

8. Tried replacing the Standby OA module -- no effect.

9. Tried reseating the OA sleeve and both OA modules -- no effect

SOLUTION:

8. Force downgraded to OA firmware 2.32 (all settings are retained). The problem disappeared.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Yury Magalif