HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBoss application server not starting up after firmware upgrade

B Cave
Advisor

JBoss application server not starting up after firmware upgrade

I am really confused about this one, am posting it in the Jboss forums too.

Running JBoss 4.2.2 with JDK 1.5.0_15. I loaded the 2009.03.11 BIOS Firmware onto a BL465C and rebooted. After rebooting, the application server startup hangs while loading some of our application components. Before loading the BIOS upgrade, the app server starts up 100%.

I shut down the BL465C, left it off for 2 minutes, started it up, upgraded JDK to 1.5.0_18, removed 1 or 2 of our application components, restarted app server, redeployed app components, and then the AS + our application starts up. I can reboot the server now and restart the AS without getting any hangs or errors whatsoever.

Is there any obvious reason for this happening?

I then loaded firmware update to another blade server (BL460C, firmware 2008-11-02) and exactly the same behaviour takes place. At 1 point, i received some errors about not being able to initialise datasource (across the network). Have no idea why a firmware upgrade would have this sort of effect on software, if anyone could assist with reasons for this?